Thursday, October 15, 2009

Angela's Ashes

I would expect this book to be interesting and have a lot of adventure and struggle. I know so far that the author (Frank McCourt) grew up in poverty in Ireland and has struggles with his family and hopes to move to the United States.
I know Frank McCourt is a retired teacher. He has several interviews about his book and being an English teacher. He is an older man, maybe in late 50's.
I like to read very controversial and dramatic books. I like them to keep my attention with suprising events or dramtic scenes. The most recent "good" books I have read are A Million Little Pieces and Crank.
I chose this book because it seems like a very dramatic childhood. The first couple pages had really caught my attention when I had done the book preview. It seems like it will be interesting to see how the child in the book ends up.

No comments:

Post a Comment